Managing Risk to Your Advantage
We’ve all heard these cliché investment strategy phrases: “think long-term,” “dollar-cost-averaging,” “ride out the storm.” We believe, however, that the “buy, hold & hope” strategy doesn’t work for most investors. Especially in a market like we’ve seen in the last decade, this mindset just doesn’t cut it. There is a time for offense and a time for defense. Sometimes managing your risk can be more beneficial than just focusing on making money.
Our Five-Step Investment Process to “Participate and Preserve”:
- Choose from the broad asset classes.
- Pick the way to invest in each asset class using non-proprietary investment vehicles.
- Utilize a collection of technical analyses to create a defensive model with an offensive strategy.
- Have a sell strategy on every position.
- Don’t try to buy at the bottom or sell at the top.
Ultimately, we employ a global tactical total return strategy that seeks to participate in advancing markets and help preserve in sideways to negative markets.
Every investor’s situation is unique and you should consider your investment goals, risk tolerance and time horizon before making any investment. Investing involves risk and you may incur a profit or loss regardless of strategy selected. Please consult a financial advisor before implementing any investment strategy.