Understand. Design. Implement. Manage.
It may seem like common practice, but you’d be surprised at how many “financial planners” don’t actually put together a PLAN! They may ask you a few simple questions to “gather” your assets and then move on to the next client.
We’ll start with some of the basic questions that come to mind when you think of your financial future:
- How far are you from retirement?
- When will your kids be going to college?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want after you retire?
- After you’re gone, who will benefit from your legacy?
And, for us, a true plan involves understanding more than just the above questions and others like it; it means genuinely getting to know you and your family…gaining perspective on your current personal and financial situation…finding out what gets you excited and what scares you to death.
Our planning process involves four steps:
- Understand – gain perspective on where you are now and where you’d like to be.
- Design – build a plan with specific details and recommendations based on this understanding.
- Implement – guide the plan by taking the steps necessary to get you there, while managing risk.
- Manage – evaluate and adjust the plan as needed to help ensure success.